Dorsu has grown from a small retailer in Southern Cambodia to a manufacturing company showcasing an alternative to garment manufacturing globally. Our diverse team of skilled professionals located in Cambodia and are proud to offer you the unique opportunity of knowing the story behind the making of your clothes.
AN ALTERNATIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Cambodia is one of the largest producers of clothing globally, employing over 700,000 workers and accounting for approximately 80% of the country’s total export revenue (Better Factories Cambodia). Garment workers are subject to harsh and often dangerous working conditions, with long working hours, low pay and unsafe transport to and from factories.
Through running a safe, fair and supportive garment production space, we offer workers an alternative, to learn and grow in an environment that supports them as individuals and as skilled workers.
OUR EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS INCLUDE:
• A 40-hour work week (Cambodia typically has a 6-day work week).
• Living wages where starting at an entry-level that exceeds the Cambodian garment industry's legal minimum by 30%.
• Extensive leave including the legal standard plus personal, maternity and paternity.
• Secure contracts, the right to collective bargaining and a safe conflict resolution policy.
• Mandatory paid safety training and equipment maintenance.